Sunday, 2 December 2007
Prohibition Inspired Cocktail
Our cocktail was inspired by the people that despite the prohibition still found a way to enjoy a little drink. We took the classic sweet martini and solidified it! Perfect for a picnic in the park enjoying some ‘jelly’!
So to make a (whatever we’re going to call our cocktail) here’s what you need to do:
You will need…
1 1/2 oz Gin
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth
A leaf of gelatin
Dash orange bitters (v.difficult to get in Exeter – we ended up buying a shot of it from a bar for £1 – they thought we were very strange, thus won’t be drinking there for a while.)
• Soak the gelatin leaf in cold water for 4 minutes.
• Stir Gin, Sweet Vermouth and orange bitters with ice
• Strain into a pan and gently heat
• Remove the gelatin from the water and squeeze out any excess liquid.
• Add to the pan and stir until it’s dissolved
• Add maraschino cherries to a mould/pot and pour in the liquid
• Place in the fridge until solid (about 2hours)