Saturday 15 December 2007

The Flip


The defining feature of the flip is that is contains egg and since it's nearly Christmas (and being inspired by my favourite Starbucks coffee - the eggnog latte!) I decided to make the most popular of all.... An Eggnog!

My Dad and I were feeling in the Christmas spirit and decided to test out a few recommended recipes. Our favourite by far was the Waldorf-Astoria Eggnog... truly scrumptious it was creamy, smooth and like Christmas in a highball glass!!

So to make an Eggnog:

2 Egg yolk
1/2 oz Sugar syrup
3/4 oz Port (Tawny)
1 1/2 oz Bourbon
3 1/2 oz Milk
1/4 oz Cream
Nutmeg

Add all the ingredients (except the nutmeg) to a Boston shaker and shake well over ice cubes. Strain into a large highball glass over ice, and finally sprinkle with a little nutmeg. Yum!

Merry Christmas!! (be it a little early but oh well!)
Emma

P.S Unfortunately I managed to drink all the eggnog before I remembered to take a picture! I found that one!

No comments: