Saturday, 5 January 2008
In a night club, its important to know the drinks off the top of our heads, and get them made quickly. As part of our cocktail training, we created a friendly competition – to make a cocktail, to perfection, in the least possible time.
The basic idea of speed training:
- one of us would select the cocktail to be made
- we each get a time period in which to learn (from memory!) how to make the cocktail
- start the timer!
For our first round of speed training we made Mojitos as they were rapidly gaining popularity in the club.
To make a Mojito you…
- muddle 3 lime wedges and 12.5ml sugar syrup in a high ball
- add the leaves from 3 sprigs of fresh mint and muddle with the back a bar spoon
- fill glass with crushed ice and 50ml Havana Club Especial
- ‘violate’ with the bar spoon
- top up with crushed ice and a dash of soda water
- garnish with a sprig of mint.
Our time scores were all less than 1min 40secs, a time that I am sure has now been improved upon with all our practice!
(Pic: Parysa and Alex making Mai Tais)
Posted by Cam's Blog at 03:19